Royal Family LIVE: Prince Harry shamed as expert unveils 'final straw' - Queen targeted

Daily Express   09/04/2021 07:50

Prince William's 'famous warning' to Harry discussed by expert

Harry recently admitted his relationship with his brother was strained as he told Oprah Winfrey in his and Meghan's shocking interview that they were on "different paths". William was also the first person to shoot down Harry and Meghan's claims about the Royal Family to Oprah as he told reporters the family was "not racist" before adding he had not yet spoken to Harry. Now William has reportedly severed ties with his friend Tom Bradby, an ITV royal correspondent with whom he first met in 2001, for appearing to take Harry and Meghan Markle's side over the royal fallout.

It comes as Meghan is said to have asked to live at Windsor Castle after she married Harry, but the Queen did not agree to this and instead gave them Frogmore Cottage nearby.

Writing an open letter to William for the Daily Mail, Mr Wootton said: "The final straw for you came with the way Harry and Meghan behaved over the Megxit debacle.

"You are right to feel it's unforgivable that they twice tried to publicly jump your grandmother – now 94 – into giving into their ludicrous demands."

Royal expert Rebeca English added William's anger may have also stemmed from Harry "blindsiding" the Queen over his decision to step down as a senior royal to live in the US with Meghan and their son Harry.

Royal Family live: Expert unveils 'final straw' for William over Harry's disrespect for Queen
Royal Family live: Expert unveils 'final straw' for William over Harry's disrespect for Queen

Speaking on the Mail Plus' Palace Confidential, she said: "The Queen was aware Harry was very unhappy, and I know this from my own sources, but they had no idea he was going to put out the statement that he did when he did it.

"And they had no idea that him and Meghan had spent months creating the Sussex Royal website to go along with it.

"So she was blindsided... William did feel that Harry had done their grandmother quite a great disservice."

Mr Bradby is also thought to have helped ITV secure the rights to Harry and Meghan's bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.

FOLLOW OUR LIVE UPDATES HERE:

Trending

7.57am update: Harry’s Netflix show is veiled ‘swipe’ at the Queen – ‘Reads like a stinging rejoinder'

Last September the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced they had signed a multiyear deal with the streaming giant Netflix to produce a variety of programmes.

On Wednesday the royal couple revealed that their first feature would be called "Heart Of Invictus" and would be produced by their Archewell Productions company. The documentary-series will follow competitors as they prepare to take part in the 2022 games.

However, a leading royal commentator believes that the choice of film carries a hidden message for the Queen.

Daniela Elser suggests that Harry is making a pointed reply to the British monarch's decision to strip him of his military titles earlier this year.

In an op-ed for news.com.au, she wrote: "However what is notable about the news is that it carries with it more than a hint of a swipe at the palace.

"The world has waited more than six months, since news first broke of the Sussexes ‘megawatt’ deal with the streaming giant broke in September last year, to get our first glimpse at what sort of thrilling, novel projects the duo might cook up.

"However, the very choice of this specific series to be their debut outing reads like a stinging rejoinder after he was stripped of his treasured military titles earlier this year.”

Cookie Settings