The Saturday science quiz – test your knowledge of the week’s newsMetro 27/05/2023 08:34
Welcome back to the Saturday science quiz, our wrap of some of the week's biggest and weirdest news.
As ever AI is causing mayhem as a fake AI-generated image of explosion at Pentagon briefly disturbed US markets. Even the creators of ChatGPT think AI should be regulated to protect humanity. No surprise that Rishi Sunak has been in talks with industry leaders this week.
Otherwise we also had the bizzare news of the millionaire CEO infusing himself with blood from 17-year-old son to stay young forever.
There's plenty more where that came from, so test your memory below - and let us know how you get on in the comments.
b) Artemis Collective
c) Volt Typhoon
2. SETI sent simulated ‘alien’ signals from space. Which planet was it from?
3. Which diet has been linked to lower cholesterol levels?
a) Ketogenic diet
b) Vegan diet
c) Pescatarian diet
d) Carnivore diet
4. A paralysed man was able to walk again thanks to a new brain technology. How did he lose his mobility?
a) Car accident
b) Cycling accident
c) Bad fall
d) Sports injury
a) She can feel no pain
b) She does not bleed
c) She has super strength
d) She never falls ill
6. Which company said that it would stop letting people share their passwords?
a) Amazon Prime Video
d) NOW TV
1. c Microsoft spotted a Chinese state-sponsored hacker group called 'Volt Typhoon' targeting critical infrastructure organizations in the United States.
3. b Vegan diets may be linked to lower levels of cholesterol and fats in your blood, a new study suggests.
4. b 40-year-old Gert-Jan Oskam from the Netherlands, was living and working in China when he had a cycling accident in 2011.
5. a Jo Camero has a rare genetic mutation that her to live her life almost pain-free and never feel anxious or afraid.